Shipwreck

Posted by on 02/02/2017

I dreamt of waves splashing against my sapphire boat. All of a sudden, I awoke.  A blackbird settled in its nest; alone. Jumping out of my skin, the bird screeched.  I stood up in my boat and it was sailing over the land.  Trees stuck out of the ground. Vessels sailed in all directions. Dodging the crooked trees, the ships went around them. Suspiciously, an old man hid behind a tree. He was spying on me.  When I wasn’t looking, the mysterious man leapt into a fishing boat. I turned around to see where he had gone. Shockingly, I crashed.

2 Responses to Shipwreck

1. Ms Brennock Team 100w/c

Well done on your entry this week Jack. You’ve done a great job with the prompt. You’ve used some great vocabulary and described the scene really well. I like the air of mystery that you created with the old man. I I’d like to find out more about him and what he was up to!
    Keep up the great writing.

2. stone

I liked the way that you created the setting. Your character seemed really confused about where he was.Well done! I felt a bit worried about the man behind the tree- why was he hiding I wonder?